Just setup OctoPrint. Any tips?

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
scampa123

Re: Just setup OctoPrint. Any tips?

Post by scampa123 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:55 pm

What settings are folks putting in the Octoprint profile for the M2?

I wasn't sure if any of that info will matter in the way I plan to use it...

I was thinking to simply mount the watched Octoprint folder from the computer I use S3D on and save my gcode to that folder from S3D...I'm assuming Octoprint simply passes that to the M2 and that tells it all the details it will need to print the object...

Is that a correct assumption or does the printer profile info do something special to the M2 when it connects? I do see there is a "number of extruders" I can set (this may come in handy when I install my dual extruder upgrade!)..

If anyone can share the appropriate Octoprint profile settings, it would help me and the community!! ;-)

Thanks!!

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:01 am

Here is the dialog I'm asking about primarily...but if there are other changes that should be made please let me know...thx!!
Attachments
octoprint.jpg

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:18 am

sal I changed none of that at all. all that stuff is pretty much set in s3d when I generate the gcode file so I don't thing the octoprint profile even comes into play. I just leave the generic reprap one in place.

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try and see what happens!

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

jimc wrote:sal I changed none of that at all. all that stuff is pretty much set in s3d when I generate the gcode file so I don't thing the octoprint profile even comes into play. I just leave the generic reprap one in place.
I've been changing the nozzle diameter in the profile when I change nozzles on the printer. I haven't tried NOT changing it, so I don't know if it's having any impact. I guess I should test that.

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 am

The nozzle diameter in the OctoPrint printer profile doesn't seem to have any impact on the print.