Android printer GUI

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
terrymcc

Android printer GUI

Post by terrymcc » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Currently, I have an old laptop running printer.. as my printer interface. I design on a separate laptop using S3D and WiFi the file to the printer laptop. Then I initiate the print from the printers local laptop. I have not used the S3D printer controller since I was used to the other app and I don't want to tie up my design computer.

I would like to mount a tablet to the printer rather than the old laptop to be more mobile. Often, I have the printer running in the cellar of my RV. I haven't kept up on what is currently out there for apps, but noticed that android tablets are very in expensive.

Anybody know if this is a reasonable path and if there are Android apps out there for this?

Thanks,

Terry

jsc

Re: Android printer GUI

Post by jsc » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Even cheaper than Android tablets are the Raspberry Pi and Beaglebone Black. $30-$50. Many of us are running OctoPrint, which is a free and very powerful web-based GUI, which you can access from a phone browser.