simplify3d v3.0

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Rara

Re: simplify3d v3.0

Post by Rara » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:56 am

Doh! The one thing I didn't think of..thanks! :D
2012 M2 V4-PTFE

helifrek

Post by helifrek » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:01 am

Hello all,
I finally got v3.0! it took a few e-mails back and forth with customer support, apparently my e-mail isn't in their system at all and it doesn't look like I ever purchased S3D. Anyways, I finally got it!
I am not a pro at 3D printing like you guys are, I just use Rsilvers profiles and adjust them slightly for my needs.

Well, yesterday I noticed a couple of things. First of all, my printer will randomly pause for up to a minute and then continue as if nothing happened. second, I am having parts pop off the bed during the print. My temps are set t0 60 and 220 like they always have been, my bed is level and I just adjusted the Z-height. I find it weird because I have been using this printer a lot for about 8-9 months and I have never had a single part pop off the bed!

I have a dial indicator on the way, I am going to redo my bed leveling and z-height when it comes in and get it perfectly level. I am more concerned about the pausing issue though! any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks guys!
Brandon

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:47 am

Are you running windows 10? Windows 10 has problem with the usb drivers and cause the pause. If your in windows 10 you need to run from an sd card which you should really be using anyway.

sprior

Post by sprior » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:23 am

Interesting, I hadn't heard about that (I'm running Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi for the actual printing). Did Windows 8/8.1 have this USB issue or is it new with Windows 10?

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 am

Its new with 10. Problem is pretty massive. Everyone has been complaining about it. I know i cant get more than 5-10 min into a print without it freezing. It only does it once per print within the first 10 min for me. I need to be there and hit the force next button. It will immediately start again when i hit that

helifrek

Post by helifrek » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:13 am

That's gotta be my problem right there, windows 10 over usb. I usually only print small items over usb that take less than an hour. I will keep that in mind for future prints. Thanks for the help!

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:44 am

i installed 3.02 today, and it totally corrupted one of my fff files.

it would totally ignore the wait until temeratures were stable checkbox,

reverting to 3.01 didn't fix the corruption, i had to re create it, but not a big deal, but i am skiddish about trying 3.02 again though.
i'll wait till this one has some time under its belt before trying agian.
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:55 am

So far ive had no issues with it.

Mount PrintMore

Post by Mount PrintMore » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:23 am

I've just completed a pretty major upgrade of my machine. I had a May 2013 vintage machine that I hadn't really touched. I applied the 24V update with new HBP, went to the single v4 hotend, and even spring for the new sheetmetal rambo enclosure. The machine looks really good, although I'm still not 100% thrilled with how my wiring harness reworks came out.

I updated my machine firmware to the preconfigured firmware from the MakerGear wiki. I had to run the PID autotune for the hotend, as the stock parameters were very conservative.

I made the mistake of updating from V2.2.1 to V3.0.2 at this time.

Before I did my upgrades, I had tested V3.0.1 and immediately had problems with odd Y axis behaviour. I went back to V2.2.1 and didn't think about it again. I've installed V3.0.2 and everything is okay as long as I only print one part at a time. If I try to build multiple parts at once I get Y-axis shifting that ruins the parts. All of my speed settings are the stock speeds from S3D and I double checked that they are identical between the two versions. My Y axis belt is tensioned correctly, and I've never had a Y axis shift happen before. Something is wrong w/ v3 with regard to traveling between multiple parts. This is driving me crazy, as I'm accustomed to loading up a build plate full of parts to print and going to bed.

Oddly enough, since I did the install of V3.0.2, V2,2,1 crashes when I try to slice with it. I haven't tried reinstalling V2.2.1, but I don't know if I have the installer file still or not. I have done the normal stuff like restarting my computer.

I noticed a few other folks mention this problem, so I thought I'd chime in.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:14 am

to my knowledge it has recently been determined that the bug is in the marlin firmware but is brought on by having your xy movement speed set to the very high default in s3d of 18000. drop that to 12000 and maybe lower your acceleration a touch. the problem should disappear.