Simplify3d First Layer starting at 1.18 *SOLVED*

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
burner762

Simplify3d First Layer starting at 1.18 *SOLVED*

Post by burner762 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,
I have been using my Makergear M2 successfully for months now no problems what so ever, accept for trial and error. My prints have been turning out flawlessly except for tonight! I started my first print of the night and everthing went as usual... When I started the next print it all seemed to fall apart. I set my first layer height, width and speed exactly how I normally would. When the Print started I noticed it didnt start at the normal first layer height of .42 but a whopping 1.18, The nozzle would normally start at .2 on the z axis indicator in the control panel but I like to start the first layer at .2 equaling the .42. Of course nothing is sticking to the bed its just getting caught on the nozzle when the printer begins at the height of 1.18. The extruder also isnt running at 30% speed like normal but a rediculous speed of like 150%...

Im not sure where everything went wrong, no settings were changed, I even read that the z axis motor could have missed a step because of a lack of proper lubrication, but the leadscrew had plenty of lube. I even tried uninstalling Simplify3d and the printer drivers.

Please Help!
Thanks,
Mark

burner762

Re: Simplify3d First Layer starting at 1.18 *SOLVED*

Post by burner762 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Solved, Apparently the way I modified my model earlier it was sitting 1mm in the air to start, which is strange, but I figured when I pulled my models base, down not up, to add an extra 1mm and then tried to print it, somehow it thought that 1mm addition was not there... Sounds kinda strange, but I figured it out.

Chime in if you want but I fixed my problem...

jsc

Re: Simplify3d First Layer starting at 1.18 *SOLVED*

Post by jsc » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 pm

You can use the "center and arrange" button and it should place all things on the floor.