Printing Multiple Vases

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
jimc

Re: Printing Multiple Vases

Post by jimc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:30 am

what george is trying to do is a sequential print. he wants to duplicate his model and have say 6 of them on the bed at the same time but he does not want it to print all 6 layer by layer. this avoids jumping from model to model over and over. it is extremely useful for printing ninjaflex, etc. you need to take the 6 models and make a process for each model. process1 goes to model1 and so on. then when you hit the prepare to print button it will give you a choice of doing a sequential print and asks what the clearance is. i have no idea what your clearance is. on my machine with my e3d setup i have 14mm. it will print each model 14mm in the z axis then jump to the next model and so on.

3dPrintingMD

Post by 3dPrintingMD » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:44 am

Gotcha, I didn't get that he didn't want to move from print to print. All clear now.
M2 - V4, MIC-6 Build Plate, Astrosyn Damper's(X/Y), Rev. E, Geeetech LCD

S3D - FFF Settings https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367
Print Quality Troubleshooting https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/

wmgeorge

Post by wmgeorge » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:21 pm

jimc wrote:what george is trying to do is a sequential print. he wants to duplicate his model and have say 6 of them on the bed at the same time but he does not want it to print all 6 layer by layer. this avoids jumping from model to model over and over. it is extremely useful for printing ninjaflex, etc. you need to take the 6 models and make a process for each model. process1 goes to model1 and so on. then when you hit the prepare to print button it will give you a choice of doing a sequential print and asks what the clearance is. i have no idea what your clearance is. on my machine with my e3d setup i have 14mm. it will print each model 14mm in the z axis then jump to the next model and so on.
Correct. I was just doing 1 at a time and then I found the Vase post, read the features online and decided how to do it. My widgets are about 28 mm tall and I can picture a head crash happening. Now by doing 2 at a time I can speed things up a bit.

It would be really nice to be able to print two different models, I have a left and right, at the same time?

Added: Ok a little trial and error, it appears I Can print or at least S3D says I can two different models at the same session. Things the rather skimpy documentation does not seem to cover.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R,CNC Router