Simplify3D + Windows 10 USB Issues

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
KeithA

Simplify3D + Windows 10 USB Issues

Post by KeithA » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:00 am

I have read several posts regarding the pausing that happens printing over USB on a machine running Windows 10. Has there ever been a solution? I like Simplify3D and the progress previews it has while printing over usb and would like to continue using it that way however the pausing is definitely an issue. I recently inquired about it through their support. They basically said just print from SD which is not my first preference. I have dabble with octopi but have had some issues. It seems to make the printer act erratic. The print ends up completing but is travels speed becomes jerky. I am not sure why, maybe it is getting bogged down and not providing the instructions to it in a timely matter. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

jimc

Re: Simplify3D + Windows 10 USB Issues

Post by jimc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:22 am

no keith, its a windows issue and it has not been corrected. its not just s3d either. it can be with any slicer. people even complain about the issue with some paper printers as well. octopi works great. i have 2 printers running off it and have had nothing but a flawless experience with it. other than the wifi being hard to set up i have heard next to no complaints about running octoprint. its will be way more than fast enough to run you printer.

KeithA

Post by KeithA » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:00 am

Would you mind attaching a screen shot of your M2 settings in octopi? I am not sure why I am having issues. Maybe the octoprint.txt too, have you made changes?

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:38 pm

keith, other then setting to the right port and your baud rate at 115200 then there are no settings in octopi.

KeithA

Post by KeithA » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks. I was just reading the other thread where the octopi is covered. I am not sure why I am getting jerky movements. There is clearly something not quite right. I have been slicing in Simplify and transferring to the pi. Do you have a camera setup? I am thinking that might be the issue. I tried time lapse just to see how it worked.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:37 pm

No i dont use a camera. I have never had any problem with jerky movements. Maybe try wiping the sd card and flashing that. Also tey a new sd card. There have been reports of issues caused by bad cards. I also always upload my files locally and not to sd.

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:12 pm

I have a camera on my Octopi rig. Haven't had any problems. I also load the gcode files locally and not to the SD card.

KeithA

Post by KeithA » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Did you change any settings for the camera?