Anyone had success with the Craftware Slicer?

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
thecadman99

Anyone had success with the Craftware Slicer?

Post by thecadman99 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:38 pm

I have the free 1.14 beta playing around with it, but I'm having trouble digesting how it handles retractions.

It has settings under "travel" that are retractions, but I'm not sure about the "prime" length. I tried the settings shown (the prime is set to 1.6 mm, hard to see in their colors), and I got a lot of ooze between travels. I wouldn't think prime would affect stringing.

Anyhow- if anyone has figured out some good "M2 friendly" settings, please share :)

Jules

Re: Anyone had success with the Craftware Slicer?

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Prime is usually about 20 mm. (If that's the purge off the side of the bed before printing.)

The settings are dependent on which filament you are printing...there are good starter settings for all the filaments in Insta's Filaments that Work with the M2 thread, in the Filaments forum.

First thing to do with excess oozing is lower the printing temperature. And it looks like the 2 boxes you have checked on that, Avoid Islands and Avoid Holes, will increase your travel time, giving it more time to ooze.