S3D Heated bed temp setpoint disappearing

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Vandal968

S3D Heated bed temp setpoint disappearing

Post by Vandal968 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:19 pm

On my PETG profile, I have two different temp setpoints for the extruder, works fine. When I add a second setpoint for the bed (to turn off bed-heat after the first few layers stick) it works fine, BUT the next time I open S3D the second bed temp setpoint is missing. This is regardless of whether I save changes to the profile or not. Weird, right?

cheers,
c

Jules

Re: S3D Heated bed temp setpoint disappearing

Post by Jules » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Hmmn. I just tried it and it kept the second setting intact through the close and re-opening.

Did you use the T2 bed Temperature Identifier and select Bed Temp in the left panel before modifying?
temp.jpg

Vandal968

Post by Vandal968 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:52 am

Jules,
yes that's what I was doing. The only difference was that I was changing the temp on Layer 3 rather than 2. Which made me wonder....

I added my new setpoint at layer 2 instead of 3 (which I had been trying to do MANY times) and it stuck. Then I added another setpoint at layer 3 and it stuck also. Then I deleted the setpoint at 2, and that stuck as well!

So, either I discovered a weird bug that you can't only have setpoints in this particular profile only on layers 1 & 3, or maybe there was some corruption in a config file that got overridden by adding (temporarily) a setpoint at layer 2.

In any event, thank you for your help, it's working now.

cheers,
c

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 am

Yeah, it does have it's quirks! :lol: