How to use Repetier

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Robez0Rama

How to use Repetier

Post by Robez0Rama » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

So I am new to MakerGear and I was told the software to use was Repetier with Slic3r interface which is what I am using. I am encountering problems when I try to print or use the manual move function. When I try to connect to the printer it connects fine, however when I go to print it says that it is printing but the printer is remaining idle and I can't move any of the axis with the program. When I look at the message display I get messages such as a force start or connection timeout. Is there some other software that I am missing to make the software recognize the printer and to start a print? Thanks

Jules

Re: How to use Repetier

Post by Jules » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:28 am

There's a brief writeup on using Repetier with the M2 in the Rev.E Beginner's Guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3542

ednisley

Re: How to use Repetier

Post by ednisley » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Robez0Rama wrote:force start or connection timeout
That tells you there's a problem with the USB connection between the PC and the RAMBo board, rather than a problem with Repetier.

Assuming you're using Windows (particularly Win 10), USB troubles seem to be a continuing / intractable problem caused by how the OS interacts with the USB hardware. Windows users (*) around here generally recommend "Print from the SD card", although that doesn't help with manual jogging and suchlike.

(*) Of which there are many, of course. A few of us run Slic3r / Pronterface on Linux and generally STFU when the problems-with-USB topic comes up...