Audodesk Print Studio Settings

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
remocampopiano

Audodesk Print Studio Settings

Post by remocampopiano » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:26 pm

I use Fusion 360 and would like to use Autodesk Print Studio for slicing and preparing gcode.

Has anyone created a config file for Print Studio?

Thanks...

jsc

Re: Audodesk Print Studio Settings

Post by jsc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm always interested to see what Autodesk has been up to, and your mention of Print Studio intrigued me, so I went to find it. You can still get it, but it appears to be part of their Spark platform, which is shutting down in a month, so I'm not sure it's worth investigating.

remocampopiano

Post by remocampopiano » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:38 pm

That's sad to hear...I thought I'd finally have an all in one package to work in...

I wonder why they discontinued this...they need a way to move seamlessly from Fusion to 3d printing.

remocampopiano

Post by remocampopiano » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Too bad, it would have given me a seamless path from Fusion to printing with the M2.

So, what you are saying is I am forced to purchase Simpily3D or use the buggy Slic3r.

I guess I'll see if the boss will buy Simplify...just soo tired of wasting money on software.

But I love the M2...sweet machine.

sthone

Post by sthone » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:02 pm

I just started using Fusion360 a little while ago but I'm a little leery of continuing any usage of anything Autodesk as it seems there stuff just up and disappears. I used their Sculpt+ program in the past and just logged in to try and download something I worked on before and everything is gone. :shock:

A heads up would have been nice so I could have at least saved my stuff.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Hmmmm - that's not good. :cry:

remocampopiano

Post by remocampopiano » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:47 pm

To close out this thread, I'd like to explain what I learned and what I have decided to use to operate my M2 MakerGear printer.

1. I learned that Autodesk Print Studio is not being supported well and will most likely be discontinue very soon. So I had to find another way to slice and print.

2. I am a little concerned about Fusion 360 because I am becoming quite dependent on it. From what people are saying, Autodesk has a reputation for offering free programs then they disappear. But I do not think this will happen to Fusion, since it is so popular and an excellent product; and now it being offered for a fee that is, well, sort of reasonable.

3. To slice and print, I have set up Repetier Host and I use Slic3r. I find that it works quite well and now I have a free method to go from 3d modeling to slicing and then printing.

Hope this helps out others...thanks for the feedback...