Printer interface software

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
MagicEngineer

Re: Printer interface software

Post by MagicEngineer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:22 am

Update: After some serious configuration settings changes, I was able to get the rambo driver to load onto my tablet. Simplify3d is now working great and I can use it to move between multiple printers to start sd card prints. This is exactly what I wanted in the first place so all is great.

ksevcik

Post by ksevcik » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Could you post an executive summary of what it took to load the driver on the tablet in case someone runs into a similar problem in the future? The RAMBO's a pretty popular controller, so I think it'd be likely to come up again.

MagicEngineer

Post by MagicEngineer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:37 am

ksevcik wrote:Could you post an executive summary of what it took to load the driver on the tablet in case someone runs into a similar problem in the future? The RAMBO's a pretty popular controller, so I think it'd be likely to come up again.
This link sums up the process for most people.
https://www.matterhackers.com/articles/ ... mbo-driver

Mine actually took a bit more because Asus likes to be different, and after some time on an Asus support forum I found a process where I had to modify a couple files manually. I would supply that link as well, but I can't seem to find it, and it is not important to anyone using something other than an the same model tablet as mine. I suspect there are other tablets that might have a proprietary procedure and if that is the case, they might need to go to their particular model's support forum and search "disable driver signature enforcement".

superiormaker

Post by superiormaker » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 am

I was thinking of using the RaspberryPi to control my M2. I am using it in a highschool and I was thinking about hooking up a monitor and keyboard to a cart that houses the printer and all of the filament etc. I thought the students might also list to see the gcode file running as it is printing.
My question is, can I load Simpilfy3D on to the Pi or should I use Octoprint as it has been suggested earlier?
Thnaks !