simplify3d M3 ID polysupport profile error

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Mazhdulin

simplify3d M3 ID polysupport profile error

Post by Mazhdulin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi all,

Just tried the Polysupport profile for simplify3d for the first time but i got an error:
the chosen infill layer interval has resulted in an infill width / height ratio below 1.2

I have found some solutions online, but as these are the standard profiles, do I just need to ignore the error?

Kind regards,

Anthonie de Groot

Mazhdulin

Re: simplify3d M3 ID polysupport profile error

Post by Mazhdulin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

I also think the temperature seetings of this profile are off, polysupport at 225 is not adhering to the bed. or am i doing something wrong? the PLA temp is set to 200 which is also a tad low right?

Mazhdulin

Post by Mazhdulin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 pm

I tried multiple prints with this profile, but the brim it is printing is simply not adhering, with this settings, not with the polysupport but also not with the standard PLA

Mazhdulin

Post by Mazhdulin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:40 pm

I fixed the adherence issues by cleaning the bed with acetone.
But it is still leaking a lot of polysupport.
20180105_144155.jpg
Oozing
20180105_144205.jpg
Lot of debris
Anyone changed the settings for this profile to something working.

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Can’t help with the polysupport issue directly, but you may have the heat too high. You will always have a little ooze, but high heat is what causes dripping. You can probably go up 5-10° on the PLA, but it kinda depends on the PLA.

My main comment is a question. Are you using it as a raft or brim for this model? This model does not look like it needs that feature since it is all rounded corners.

I always print a single perimeter skirt with a 5mm offset to check my print area and prime the nozzle. Sometimes I will use a brim on narrow things that might be knocked over. I almost never use a raft, until there is no good flat on the model to build from.

Just trying to save you a little time and material. You may get tired of printing on plain glass and the issues that go along with it. Switching over to something with some tooth and giving up on glassy print bottoms that no one sees will eliminate some headaches as well.
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites