Octoprint Upgrade Issue

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
panixx

Octoprint Upgrade Issue

Post by panixx » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm

I'm trying to upgrade to Octoprint 1.3.7.1 in the maintenance releases channel in MakerGear's Octoprint, but the upgrade fails. Looks like it is trying to download official Octoprint 1.3.7.1, but that file does not exist.

The source needs to be updated to point to 1.3.7 and not 1.3.7.1.

How does that go about getting done? I see no option to report issues on the MakerGear Octoprint github page.

I have submitted a support ticket via the MG Octoprint interface. Just hoping it doesnt take weeks to do.

I'm wanting to test out Octolapse but it requires 1.3.7 or higher octoprint to use.

airscapes

Re: Octoprint Upgrade Issue

Post by airscapes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:33 pm

I can not help with your issue but to get hold of MG support send an email to support@makergear.zendesk.com with your pruchas date/order number and Serial number along with your issue and they will get back to you quickly. Probably not until next week at this point but they are fast. Or you can call them, just head over to makergear.com and go to the support tab...

panixx

Post by panixx » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Yeah that pretty much brushed me off because I was trying to use the maintenance test release and not the official stable release.
Not sure how they want feedback on the test releases without being able to test. Was more of me trying to inform them the release was broken.

Tested Octolapse on a different printer and it works great. Produces really nice timelapse videos.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:58 pm

panixx wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm
Yeah that pretty much brushed me off because I was trying to use the maintenance test release and not the official stable release.
Not sure how they want feedback on the test releases without being able to test. Was more of me trying to inform them the release was broken.

Tested Octolapse on a different printer and it works great. Produces really nice timelapse videos.
That plugin seemed to cause a lot of issues when used with a Pi..

jk42

Post by jk42 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 pm

We are sorry if you felt brushed off. This was not our intent.
Just for the sake of clarification. We try to thoroughly vet releases internally before releasing them to the public.
The link in question was meant as a way for our engineers to work on testing internally and was not meant for the public.
It was not anticipated that outside individuals would try and use it. Testing on OctoPrint releases are still ongoing.
When testing of a particular OctoPrint release is finished, customers should get a notification that there is a stable release available.
~Jason from MakerGear

panixx

Post by panixx » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:59 am

Understood Jason, and I appreciate the honesty and response.

@airscapes, I am running it on a Pi3 with no issues.

panixx

Post by panixx » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:27 am

Thanks Jason. Appreciate the response and honesty.

@airscapes, I used a Pi3 running Octopi with Octolapse and so far havent had any issues.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:24 pm

panixx wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:27 am
Thanks Jason. Appreciate the response and honesty.

@airscapes, I used a Pi3 running Octopi with Octolapse and so far havent had any issues.
I wanted to use it but when I installed it there was no data for the M2.. forget if it was a profile or what but I just removed it. Then saw a lot of post where people with other printers were having issues with print jobs stopping and other problems. Removing that plugin was the fix for there issues.. Could have been fixed since.. I have not updated octprint since it was installed a few months ago as everything is working and don't want to cause myself issue ..yet..