Installing M2 Quick Start on Linux PC

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
imaric

Installing M2 Quick Start on Linux PC

Post by imaric » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:55 am

I am not an expert in Linux, usually I go to youtube of google solution for some issue. Couldn't find anything online for this one:

How to install M2 Quick Start program on Linux? Linux version comes in ZIP file, it is not .deb package, when unziped one of the files shows in Linux as executable file... Actually whole folder structure looks like Windows version.
I am not sure if I just can't find how to do it, of it can't be installed on my version of Linux.
I would appreciate some help and advice, pointer to solution,or step by step instructions. Also, can M2 QS be installed on 32-bit machine? Or just the driver?
Here is background info:
I decided to use one of the older laptops for my M2, with windows 7 it is just painfully slow. Takes about 10 min just to boot. Instead, I installed LXLE Linux, what is, you can call it a "heavyweight version" of light installations of Linux. I picked it because it had a right driver for my WiFi card. LXLE is based on Lubuntu. My old laptop is pretty fast now. I installed several packages, like Slic3r and Cura (I think comes in .deb package). I found youtube instructions how to install Repetier Host (using text commands in terminal window).
Thanks