Bed leveling

Need some assistance getting started...post here...
rrohret

Bed leveling

Post by rrohret » Fri May 09, 2014 4:04 am

Ok, I can't seem to find the common posts. I have watched several videos on bed leveling. It seems that the machine is in some mode where the x-y axis can be moved manually and the z-axis is held in place. What is the trick to doing this? Brand new to this printing stuff and have a brand new machine and would like to make sure that it is good to go. Thanks,

markb

Re: Bed leveling

Post by markb » Fri May 09, 2014 4:10 am

This is the post you are looking for
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12
This post was so much better than the videos.

Toby

Post by Toby » Fri May 09, 2014 4:34 am

Those videos confused me, too. The way they are doing bed leveling, the machine is turned off and the z axis is being held in place manually by the knob. So then with the other hand you move the nozzle around, measure the separation with a business card, and adjust the spider screws under the bed with one of the screw drivers.

It takes more dexterity than I have to pull it off. Plus you have to have a good feel for how those spider screws move the bed, which might be hard the first time around, or else you'll just keep going around in circles.

There are other methods. Here's a long post about it with some sections of the post markb linked quoted in it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71

Sorry if this is all too much information- just try and whatever happens you can always ask for more clarification. Once you get how it works you'll see it's not hard.

rrohret

Post by rrohret » Sat May 10, 2014 4:04 am

Thanks.

mudcrab

Re: Bed leveling - Z height setting

Post by mudcrab » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Guys, is there correct value for the Z height?
Is there a way of getting the bed to park at the correct height via the LCD panel - no PC attached?
I want the bed centred . e.g. nozzle approx in middle of bed.
Cheers - Paul :)

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 am

I cant comment on the lcd part but i set my z height to .005" with a feeler gauge. Move your extruder to the center of the bed by hand, make sure your level and then set the height with the z stop bolt.