Extruder Motor Connector Pins Failing

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Artenen

Extruder Motor Connector Pins Failing

Post by Artenen » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 pm

So I have a problem with the wires staying in the extruder motor on the white connector... those pins give and the wires come out wrecking a print.

I've emailed tech support the pics, etc. without a reply for a week. Called today and no answer. I've been down for over a week. Every time I try and fix the connector pins, they fail at some point in a 10-20 hour print so I'm not sure what I can do from here on out.

I've got the 24V M2 with V4 head. It works awesome and I'm now to where I'm wearing things out I guess.

Does anyone know where I can get that type of connector? It's too small to fix or solder.

Rich

Re: Extruder Motor Connector Pins Failing

Post by Rich » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Here's a bogus answer, but it's worked for me for about a year... Press the wire back into connector, then force-fit the end of a toothpick into the connector to hold it firm. No solder req'd -- CBE (crude but effective)

jsc

Post by jsc » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:46 pm

I believe that is called a 4-pin JST connector.

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:32 am

as for the constant failing..... that wire is supposed to be looped back and tywrapped to the motor mount wire support so it does not flex when the extruder moves back and forth.

IMG_4348.jpg
IMG_4348.jpg (117.12 KiB) Viewed 9925 times

insta

Post by insta » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

whoops i may need to fix that on my rescue M2
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Coffee & Doughnuts

Post by Coffee & Doughnuts » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Artenen wrote: I've emailed tech support the pics, etc. without a reply for a week. Called today and no answer.
This concerns me a lot. I am completely new to 3D printing and I just ordered my very first 3D printer from MakerGear. The thing is that 50% of the reason why I ordered from MakerGear was because the reviews stated they have superb technical support and technical support is very important to me at this early stage of my 3D printing journey.

That said, are you being completely honest ith your statement? Have you had other technical support issues where MakerGear has not been responsive? I would really like to know because if support is not as good as people claim it to be I will probably cancel my order before it ships (I placed my order last Sunday)!

Please let me know.

Thanks.

sthone

Post by sthone » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 pm

I can't speak for anyone else but the few times I've contacted Makergear they got right back to me. A week ago I had to contact support and they got me back up and running in no time and a week after solving my problem the contacted me again just to make sure my problem was resolved. I wouldn't worry about it.... you ordered one of the best printers out there you're going to love it.

-Steve

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 am

Coffee & Doughnuts wrote:...I just ordered my very first 3D printer from MakerGear.
That was definitely the right call, and no, you don't want to cancel the order. :D

I did the same thing. No regrets.

(Well, no, come to think of it, there are regrets.......I regret that my exercise routine seems to have gone kaput since my new toy arrived. I regret that the meals around here are now trending more towards "What kind of cereal do you want tonight?" than "How do you want your steak?". I regret the fact that !!! I have actually missed :shock: !!! the last two episodes of GOT!) :lol:

Waiting is a drag, and it's easy enough to freak out (a lot) about whether you made the right decision, but it will help if you can do some prep work before it gets here....Learn to use your 3D design software ahead of time (some excellent advice that I was given), read through the recent posts on the forum, focus on the Getting Started and Tech Support sections. Download the instructional videos from YouTube and watch them. (Particularly watch the ones showing how to build the cutter from the kit....."MakerGear M2 Assembly"). MakerGear is exceptional about getting back to you if you have a problem, but you'll need to be able to pinpoint any problem for them clearly, using the right terms, and it needs to be something they can fix for you.

They will send you instructions on how to use the printer when they ship it, but those are available now as downloads from the MakerGear.com site. The first thing I did while I was waiting was to go download those and read them.

You do those things in advance, and there will be much less learning to deal with when it gets there. You'll be printing in days instead of weeks or months.

(And then you'll be eating cereal too. Welcome to the club!) 8-)

Artenen

Post by Artenen » Thu May 14, 2015 10:30 pm

As a follow up, I did call again and got a hold of them. They sent it to me right away and it seemed to fix that problem however, now I'm not getting the smooth prints I was set up with since I put in the new wiring... back to the drawing board to fine tune things again.