Yet another camera bracket for the D-Link DSC Series

Show off your prints!!!
CCVirginia

Yet another camera bracket for the D-Link DSC Series

Post by CCVirginia » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:40 am

This is a camera holder for the D-Link DSC Series of IP cameras with a bracket that fits on a Makergear-M2. It may be placed in 2 positions (Vertical or horizontal) and slides in and out to "zoom". It replaces the standard camera bracket and screws into the back of the camera, which provides for swivel. The base of the bracket could also be adapted for other mountings.

On thingiverse here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1002351

Also shared on Fusion 360, here:https://fusion360.autodesk.com/projects ... d-link-dcs (First experiment with Fusion)
Attachments
BracketOnM2.jpg
Bracket on M2
BracketOnM2.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 9494 times

jsc

Re: Yet another camera bracket for the D-Link DSC Series

Post by jsc » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:15 am

Nice. I'm happy to see people trying Fusion. If I might make a suggestion... I took a look at your model history, and it could be done in fewer steps and with more adjustability if you used sketches instead of creating solids and moving them around. Basically, draw shapes on 2D planes then extrude them into solids. It might seem easier to work directly with solids, but using sketches you can add constraints and editable dimensions so you can tweak your model later and (if you've constrained everything properly) everything will adjust appropriately around your changes. That's the dream, anyway. Plus, you can create shapes that aren't so obvious how to make with primitive solids.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Nice job! :D

CCVirginia

Post by CCVirginia » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:51 pm

jsc wrote:Nice. I'm happy to see people trying Fusion. If I might make a suggestion... I took a look at your model history, and it could be done in fewer steps and with more adjustability if you used sketches instead of creating solids and moving them around. Basically, draw shapes on 2D planes then extrude them into solids. It might seem easier to work directly with solids, but using sketches you can add constraints and editable dimensions so you can tweak your model later and (if you've constrained everything properly) everything will adjust appropriately around your changes. That's the dream, anyway. Plus, you can create shapes that aren't so obvious how to make with primitive solids.
Thanks JSC, I did not feel like I was using Fusion efficiently and the history shows that. I will give sketches a try. I did want to set some constraints and was not sure how, for example, between the holes.

jsc

Post by jsc » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 am

The constraints are mostly self explanatory. Click a constraint, click on the two or more things you want to apply them to. The other thing you want to use is the dimension tool. Click the dimension tool, then click two things you want to dimension. At any later time, you can click on the number in the dimension itself and adjust it. if you have your sketch constrained properly, it will adjust around your new dimension the way you intended it to. Most likely, something won't look right, which will show you where you missed a needed constraint.

lindseynicole010

Post by lindseynicole010 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 am

thanks