My very first PETG print

Show off your prints!!!
loiphin

My very first PETG print

Post by loiphin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Bought a roll of eSun PETG to try. This was my very first print. Happy with the result :)

Printed on a M2 with E3Dv6, 0.4mm nozzle, 0.3mm layer height, 235 degrees and 80 degrees glass bed with hairspray.

Tim

Re: My very first PETG print

Post by Tim » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:12 pm

That's beautiful. It also looks like it must take up all the available height space on the M2. . . how tall is that vase?

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Gorgeous! (Can't believe that's your first print with PETG. Mine looked rather like my avatar. Covered with spines. :lol: )

loiphin

Post by loiphin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Tim wrote:That's beautiful. It also looks like it must take up all the available height space on the M2. . . how tall is that vase?
Thanks :) The original model on thingiverse took the entire volume of the M2. I scaled it down a bit. So its probably around 17cm tall.

jsc

Post by jsc » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:01 am

What have you got going on with that Arduino+Prototype shield(?) there?

I have that Space mouse, it's really great.

loiphin

Post by loiphin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:54 pm

jsc wrote:What have you got going on with that Arduino+Prototype shield(?) there?

I have that Space mouse, it's really great.
I built an Arduino based humidity logger. It logs the temp and humidity to an SD card. Out of curiosity I used it to monitor the humidity levels inside a sealed box of ABS/PLA and water lovin' Nylon , and then tried various dessicants :)

jsc

Post by jsc » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Me, too! https://thingspeak.com/channels/14270

What were your results? I can't seem to get humidity below 25%, even though I have my bucket crammed full of silicone dessicant and DampRid. I use an NRF24L01+ module (super cheap) to get the data out of the bucket.

loiphin

Post by loiphin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:33 pm

I left it for two days and by then it hadnt moved much.. around 30% if I remember right... I was going to do it with an ESP8266 and use thingspeak , but already had the arduino logger lying around. I am just going to individually bag my Nylon and leave some silica gel in there. Have you tried ESP8266 modules? I love em :) Use one to notify me if my garage door is open (faces away from the house so I cant see if the door is open, and kids play with remote fob, or I push the button by mistake)

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:38 pm

jsc wrote:Me, too! https://thingspeak.com/channels/14270

What were your results? I can't seem to get humidity below 25%, even though I have my bucket crammed full of silicone dessicant and DampRid. I use an NRF24L01+ module (super cheap) to get the data out of the bucket.
Jin, if you have it set up to monitor, would you mind running a little experiment? Throw a cheap bag of rice in there with some holes poked all over it and leave it for a few days to see if it dries it out any further. I'm dying of curiosity to see how rice performs compared to desiccants, but I'm too cheap to buy and set up the whole monitoring thing. :P

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Jules wrote:running a little experiment
For Science!

Let's run two experiments in parallel. I'll swap the silica gel in the Basement Safe for a bowl of rice:
http://softsolder.com/2015/09/01/monthl ... eneration/

The gel keeps the humidity below 15%, the logger's lower limit, for a few months, then it gradually rises as the gel saturates. I expect the rice will stabilize a lot higher than that, but ...

The rice arrived in a sealed can and has been stored in a sealed plastic container, so it's about as dry as rice can get, at least for our purposes.

Nothing like a new project to take your mind off all your old projects ...