Lubrication - Request for more info

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
outlaw704

Lubrication - Request for more info

Post by outlaw704 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 pm

My pre-assembled M2 came with a short blurb about using 3-in-1 on the linear shafting and lithium grease on the linear rails.

Looking at the parts pdf, I see what the linear rails are (x and y). And I assume the linear shafting are the two rods on either side of the z-axis jack screw - so 3-in-1 oil for them.

What I don't have is information on the lube for the long z-axis jack screw. Does anyone have an idea for best practices for lube on these parts?

What lube goes on the jackscrew"? If any...

My document says every 90 days or every 30 days. What are you experienced guys doing?

MakerGear sent a small tub of grease - does anyone have a source for white lithium grease?

jsc

Re: Lubrication - Request for more info

Post by jsc » Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 pm

My Z screw came slathered with the white grease, so that's what I've been using.

I set up an alert for every 30 days, and I relube if I notice any untoward noises.

outlaw704

Post by outlaw704 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:25 pm

jsc wrote:My Z screw came slathered with the white grease, so that's what I've been using.

I set up an alert for every 30 days, and I relube if I notice any untoward noises.
Thank you.

Do you have a source for the white grease? Is it readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot??

LonV

Post by LonV » Fri May 30, 2014 12:33 am

It's white lithium grease...you can find it anywhere (Home Depot, Amazon, etc).