support not printing until 2nd layer

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
Deereengineer

support not printing until 2nd layer

Post by Deereengineer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 am

For some reason my support is not printing until the second layer of my part. At that height it isnt sticking well and immediately comes loose. I have the tried setting the upper and lower separation layers to 0 but it still isnt printing on the same level as the first layer. ideas?

Jules

Re: support not printing until 2nd layer

Post by Jules » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 am

Is your model sitting flush on the bed? Sometimes they look like they are but they're not quite parked on the plate.

Might want to also post your factory file so we can take a look at it. File > Save Factory File, then Zip it before uploading here.

Deereengineer

Post by Deereengineer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 pm

As far as i can tell the model is on the plate . I chose a surface to put on the floor. The rest of the model prints as it should, there is a large square that prints first but the support isnt starting until the second layer of the model which causes the support to not stick well. I can post the factory file later.

PcS

Post by PcS » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:51 am

If your layer height exceeds the detail at the start of your print this can cause this issue as well as incorrect slicing issues. I have had this issue at .22 and above but never at .2 or below.

Slipshine

Post by Slipshine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:36 pm

You might check your raft settings.

If your printing a single layer raft the exact size of your part it will cause the problem you are having.