Testers Needed

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
jprochnow

Re: Testers Needed

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:30 am

Just a fyi the new assembled printers are coming with the new spider.... Makes me want to order a brand new machine... Below is a video they just release on youtube of the setup app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rhUBXfaU44

sprior

Post by sprior » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:59 am

Don't really want to be too critical, but it would really help out in situations like this for Makergear staff to notify testers that the thing that was tested actually did start shipping so we know it's no longer something we can't photograph or talk about too much.

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 am

yeah all this time i have been sitting waiting for this app to be fixed because it was unusable on my system. all along it has been working and up for download. josh for some reason though that the fixed app was posted here but there has been nothing posted here in a long time. well in any case we are good now. i downloaded it and it appears to work good on my 4k monitor.

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:52 am

Anyone have a spare prototype that they are not using. I would love to try one... I'm sure they are all being used but thought I would ask anyways.

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:55 am

well if the new m2's are being produced with it now you can probably just order one from makergear. i doubt anyone will give one up and go back to the old way.

jprochnow

Post by jprochnow » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:19 am

Yeah i know, I spoke to Makergear today and it probably wont be availabe for a few weeks as they need them for assembled machines.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 am

jim - the quick start app was only recently posted to the website. In addition to fixing the display issues we also substantially revised the processes in the app.

Sorry that we did not post it here sooner.

Rick

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Its no problem rick. I was half watching the video and it did look like the process was changed from what i remember but i havent had a chance to go through the new app to really try anything.

sthone

Post by sthone » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:29 pm

jimc wrote:well if the new m2's are being produced with it now you can probably just order one from makergear. i doubt anyone will give one up and go back to the old way.
I kind of did :oops: I love the new spider (I wouldn't go back to the old one) but I wasn't sure about the software. I liked how it worked for initial setup it made things pretty easy but I missed the fine adjustment the z-stop bolt offered so I went back to the top mounted end stop. I thought about actually trying to add an adjustment screw to the bottom end stop mount that would just move the entire thing up and down a bit to allow for minor adjustments instead of trying to run through the software every time.

I haven't watched the new video yet but maybe I'll have to try the new software and bottom stop again.

PcS

Post by PcS » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Or just change the z offset in the slicer ? That is quick and fast .