Visiting MakerGear Today

General discussion topics
Pjblues

Visiting MakerGear Today

Post by Pjblues » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Well, I am going to MakerGear today to look at their 3D printers. After reviewing items on this forum, I am prepared to purchase the newest printer while I am at their facility. We will see how it goes. I know virtually nothing about 3D printers but with all the help this forum offers I am convinced an old dude like me can give it a go. Thanks to everyone on the forum who has offered me advice. :D

Tim

Re: Visiting MakerGear Today

Post by Tim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:54 pm

I never considered trying to buy an M2 from the factory floor (Ohio is slightly too far from me to make that convenient, anyway). Can you even do that? Well, if anyone would sell you something off of the factory floor, MakerGear would; they go out of their way to be friendly. At any rate, when you see them, tell them that all of us who hang out here on the forum said "hi".

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:55 pm

Ditto! (You lucky duck!) :D

Slipshine

Post by Slipshine » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I am jealous. Would love to be able to swing by.

Have a good time.

Pjblues

Post by Pjblues » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I live within 45 minutes of their factory. They are going to let me use their computer to place and order and then bring one home if I want it. I will tell them you all said great things about them!

Pjblues

Post by Pjblues » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Well, I took the plunge! I went to the factory and met the folks of MakerGear. Rick and Scott went through everything with me and I said, "I am taking one home".

I am sure I am going to have alot of questions for you folks as I start this process. I have no idea of what I am doing.

Stay tuned!

dklassen

Post by dklassen » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 pm

Congrats! You're going to love it.

Pjblues

Post by Pjblues » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks so much. I am just unboxing now.

mharter

Post by mharter » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

I visited them over a year ago when I went to pick up my machine. The office was about 2 and a half hours from my house but I was not going to turn down the opportunity to visit the HQ (it also meant I had my printer for the weekend and not on monday!). I couldn't say enough good things about my experience. I ordered my machine when there was still a 3-4 week lead time. Rick got my machine started for me before paying and once I paid I only had a week to go. I always tell people...if I needed another 3D printer I would buy the same one I have now...the M2!