It looks pretty good to me. It even looks like you get slightly more range along the X-axis then I do, which I think is due to moving over into the space previously occupied by the Z-knob. I would probably go with a design that adds height to the motor base, because that not only lifts you above the space for the Z-knob and allows you to put some kind of knob back on there, but also it increases your maximum print height. But I stopped short of trying to squeeze every last cubic millimeter out of the print volume; it wasn't worth that much effort to me.ErikAkia wrote:I made a video of the modification work I have done so far in solidworks. Would you mind taking a quick look and see if you see any major problems?
But the only thing I was concerned about when you first said you were going to try this idea with the E3Dv6 hot-ends was the ability for the left extruder to park off of the left side and for the right extruder to park off the right side, and you appear to have those covered. You might want to model the corner brackets around the heated bed plate, mainly the front left one, because I had issues with that corner bracket hitting the wiper on the left parking plate, which is why I don't have a wiper on that side. It can be done, but I haven't gotten around to it, and I'm still evaluating the wiper on the right side, which isn't as useful as I was expecting it to be. In my 2-color 8-sided die test print, the blue filament (left side, no wiper) was better behaved than the white filament (right side with wiper), but that wasn't a very balanced experiment.