BuildTak Spatula

Other stuff you would like to discuss...
sthone

BuildTak Spatula

Post by sthone » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:48 pm

BuildTak Spatula.jpg
Anyone else try one of these yet? If your having trouble getting prints off your bed I highly recommend trying one I've been using one for a few weeks and I love it. It's a little pricey at just under $20 on amazon but I think I've saved that in medical supplies already as I haven't stuck anything in my hand in a few weeks. :D It's a little stiffer/thicker than some of the other spatulas out there so I still use a razor blade to pry up one edge a tiny bit to get this in there but after that this thing just provides some great leverage and slides right under the print to pop it off. I think I haven't stuck myself either because when the print pops off the spatula stays flat against the bed too because of the design of the handle.

Anyway it's slow in here lately so just thought I'd share.... :D

Jules

Re: BuildTak Spatula

Post by Jules » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:52 pm

Might have to check that out....thanks! :D

petej

Post by petej » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:21 pm

I've been using one of these for a couple of months and I love it. The blade is sufficiently sharp to pry under most of my prints and and it slides smoothly between the print and the bed. Because the blade is mounted flat beneath the handle it is unlikely to gouge the print bed.

sprior

Post by sprior » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:11 pm

It's been really good with my M2, a LOT easier than other things I've used. But I've found it's also really good for my X-Carve CNC where I use double sided tape to fasten the carving stock and the M2 and CNC are in different rooms, so I might have to buy another one.