layer shift

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
insta

Re: layer shift

Post by insta » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 am

spmahoney78 wrote:Thanks Jules,

I will focus on bed adhesion and see if that solves my problems. Might be the excuse I've been looking for to purchase the Mic6+PEI from Insta. I've read some really good reviews. I'm also doing some research on the RepRap wiki, there's so many possible causes it's got me feeling like I'm on webmd self diagnosing rare type of brain disorder ;)

Honestly I'm a little surprised that PLA is pulling off the bed like this, I've never had that problem with PLA before.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Shawn.
I'm sold out :( I'll go make a new preorder thread ...
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

spmahoney78

Post by spmahoney78 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update and say thank you to all of you who helped me find a solution to my problem. I'm now running 1300 acceleration settings on all axis and 200mm/s X/Y movement speed. These changes to settings have seemed to solve the problem I was having. I still plan to purchase the Mic6 w/PEI from Insta to help with bed adhesion and get away from the hairspray. I'm also going to research "jerk" settings and see if it's possible to improve print quality more.

I'm still very happy and impressed with my M2 and the results i'm getting with the V3b hotend. I wish I got better support from Makergear directly when helping me fine tune the printer for best results, I expect the manufacturer to be the "expert" and "educator" for their product but I've found this forum to be a better resource and I didn't even get a response from Makergear regarding my support ticket.

I've got more questions and goals to achieve with this printer such as is it possible to run it at the factory set 3k acceleration without destroying the quality?
is it possible to run it at the factory 300mm/s movement speed without destroying the quality?
Is there a better firmware/hardware available that would enable the maximum potential of my printer?

I also picked up a Malyan M150 on a black friday sale so I'll have more capacity and something to compare to. I'm like a kid in a candy store when reading all of the forums and mods for the I3 style printers.

Thanks Everyone!
Shawn

spmahoney78

Post by spmahoney78 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:19 am

I guess I spoke too soon. I'm still having the layer shift problem.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:22 am

Did you check the actual file to make sure it wasn't corrupted somewhere? Or are you having the same issue with other files?

spmahoney78

Post by spmahoney78 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:29 am

Jules wrote:Did you check the actual file to make sure it wasn't corrupted somewhere? Or are you having the same issue with other files?
Hi Jules,
I don't have any indication of the files being corrupted. I don't think I've ever run into that problem.

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 am

Are you using S3D? If you want to upload a copy of the Factory File for that print we can take a look at the settings and see if anything pops out.

In S3D click on File > Save Factory File and save it to your desktop. Then ZIP it up and upload it here. (You have to zip it for the forum to allow it.)

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 pm

spmahoney78 wrote:any indication of the files being corrupted
Not so much the file, but the 3D model. If the model isn't 2-manifold, then slicers tend to produce weird G-Code that might not do quite what you expect. Run the model through mesh-verification programs like Netfabb and Meshlab to uncover any problems; you should use several different programs on a troublesome model, as they each tend to catch different classes of problems. When you load the model into the slicer, pay attention to any diagnostic messages kvetching about non-manifold conditions or auto-repaired faces, because those can alert you to underlying problems.

You should also preview the layer-by-layer nozzle paths to see what effect the G-Code commands will have. If the preview looks good, then you have a mechanical problem (speed, acceleration, lubrication, whatever), but if the preview looks weird, then you have a model problem.