Palette filament guide connector

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
TourniquetRules

Palette filament guide connector

Post by TourniquetRules » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:13 am

Does anyone else use the Palette by Mosaic Manufacturing? It lets you combine 4 colors with one extruder. It came out of kickstarter also. Mosaic Manufacturing produces it. You have to use their filament guide or tube to attach to the filament drive. Their examples show the tube being velcro'd to the drive with an adapter. For the Makergear they have simple cylinder that attaches to the tube but doesn't in anyway attach to the drive. As such the splices have extra stress going into the drive and break too easy. I'm thinking that the connector for the Makergear might before an older model or single extruder model. I have the dual extruder model and the cylinder just sits on top of the filament drive doing nothing as far as I can tell.

javafuel

Re: Palette filament guide connector

Post by javafuel » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:18 am

I'm curious about it too. $1000 price tag is a bit steep for what it does. It maybe worth it if it works flawlessly with M2. Perhaps Makergear people can borrow one from Mosaic Manufacturing for testing and let us know?

kazolar

Post by kazolar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm

I'm using it with my other machine -- bigger, works well -- Palette+ just came out and price is lower, no reason it won't work with M2. I'm happy with it. I'm going to switch my M2 back to single extruder since I have the Palette+ now and no longer need dual on the M2

Farr0wn3d

Post by Farr0wn3d » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 am

I would love to see a more in-depth review of the palette+ being used with an M2. I am seriously considering one.