The State of the Gear

General discussion topics
pcenginefx

Re: The State of the Gear

Post by pcenginefx » Wed May 31, 2017 11:24 pm

Put me down for a M2 > M3 upgrade - I own 2 M2's and I'd LOVE to upgrade them both!

Farr0wn3d

Post by Farr0wn3d » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:09 am

Sprior, in addition to ErikAikia's points, I would think that a small company like Makergear would be forced to have all hands on deck working on getting the pre-order M3's out the door, not to mention it sounds like they're hoping to get moving on the M4 fairly soon. A larger company like formlabs, for example, would likely have dedicated advertising and media employees to generate and sustain hype for a new product, while leaving the actual delivering of the product to another department.

I'm certainly no business expert, but this how I assume it is.

86bg

Post by 86bg » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm interested in the upgrade from Rev. E. Just bought it a few months ago and am a potential M4 customer.

owenwp

Post by owenwp » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 pm

It does worry me a bit that nobody is talking about the M3, aside from a few press release reprints, even though we are past the point where the first two batches were supposed to have finished shipping. I understand the nature of trying to manage large complicated devices that need to be hand assembled and tested, but is the operation manual also unfinished? If there is no more information to share by now, that is a little strange.

TerryL

Post by TerryL » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:15 pm

owenwp wrote:It does worry me a bit that nobody is talking about the M3,
I agree, I ordered the M3 Dual pretty much on faith (my first 3D printer). I would love to see more info up on the website or at the very least hear from people that received the M3 single.

Extruder

Post by Extruder » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 am

I ordered a M3 (single extruder) on May 4th, 2017 and my order has been delayed. In response for my request for a status update, MakerGear said the following on June 2nd:
"We are finishing up the user manual and waiting for some packaging to arrive but expect to have your M3 shipping out to you next week.
I apologize for the delay and we will send you tracking info as soon as it is available."

It is Thursday, June 8th now and I've neither received the printer nor a tracking number.

Perhaps this helps shed some light on why you haven't been seeing users share info about the M3 yet.

Farr0wn3d

Post by Farr0wn3d » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Honestly fellas, I have no doubt that you will be pleased with your M3's, so there's no reason to worry about whether makergear will deliver a good product to you when it does in fact arrive. In my eyes, the M3 really doesnt seem that different compared to the M2 and makergear has proven that the M2 is an incredible machine that they can produce with excellent results.

sprior

Post by sprior » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Agreed, it'll be a great machine and if anything actually was wrong MakerGear has a history of doing whatever it takes to make it right.

TerryL

Post by TerryL » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:03 pm

I have no doubt that I will be super happy with my purchase. I would just love for Makergear to throw me something to "chew-on" while I wait. i.e. user guides, videos, photos, M3 Dual detailed specs...... Something for me to learn about the machine and using it before it arrives.

crazyg0od33

Post by crazyg0od33 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 pm

TerryL wrote:I have no doubt that I will be super happy with my purchase. I would just love for Makergear to throw me something to "chew-on" while I wait. i.e. user guides, videos, photos, M3 Dual detailed specs...... Something for me to learn about the machine and using it before it arrives.
Agreed. I still wanna know the difference in bed leveling and how the hell that bed fan works