octopi print - does it add any code to file?

Have questions or comments about Simplify3D, Slic3r, Cura, Reptier, etc? Or wondering about which CAD software to use...discuss it here...
jferguson

octopi print - does it add any code to file?

Post by jferguson » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I now have a very nice little octopi setup in a Raspberry Pi3 in a case adhered to one of the uprights on the M2. I'm ready to print and wondered if I need to get into the Octopi configuration in case it has some idea about gcode additions to my file. Can I assume it will print the file as is?

zemlin

Re: octopi print - does it add any code to file?

Post by zemlin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:34 pm

It's been a while, but I believe I needed to make a minor adjustment to extruder calibration numbers when I switched from printing through S3D to Octoprint - but other than that I saw no impact when changing things like nozzle size or whatever within octoprint. It seems to pass the code without making any 'enhancements' to it.

atomic_peach

Post by atomic_peach » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Out of the box, Octopi does not add any code to the files. You will need to set up the config if you decide to upload STLs and slice on the board instead of uploading gcode files.

jferguson

Post by jferguson » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:30 am

thanks much. I had been printing with SD's because I didn't like having a computer tied up. so i was hoping octopi would work similarly.. sounds like it does so ling as I'm not slicing with it.