Your longest print time

General discussion topics
theboz1419

Your longest print time

Post by theboz1419 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:26 am

I'm trying to do a print that my president of the company I work for wanted me to try. He wants to see the quality of print that I can achieve on my printer. When I received it, I already could tell I was going to have to use a ton of support regardless of the orientation. Also, it had thin walls, my .35 nozzle would not be able to print and have infill. So, I finally switched to my .25 nozzle.

In doing so my print time went from around 20 hours to almost 50 hours.

This has me curious, what was your longest print time for one part. 50 hours is so far my longest continuous print.

http://myuds.servebeer.com
Currently, I'm about 10 hours into the print. It's printing with PET. I really doubt I will be able to remove the support material without ruining the part. I really just want to finish it, I might also run out of material before it finishes, lol, but oh well. I will print it in ABS if it does not finish..

Oh, the part I'm printing is a container for seedlings. I work with recycled PET and PP thermoforming plastic s
Builder of custom wifi BBQ temperature controllers

insta

Re: Your longest print time

Post by insta » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm

64-72 hours, I don't exactly remember.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jk42

Post by jk42 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:14 pm

We just printed a heart (anatomical not valentine version) with Ninja flex. It took just over 80 hrs.
~Jason from MakerGear

insta

Post by insta » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Using flex filaments and their 40mm/sec speed limit is cheating though. Mine was a legit 1.5kg print :)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org