Repeated stripping of filament :(

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
mkmachining

Repeated stripping of filament :(

Post by mkmachining » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, not to Makergears. We run 6 of these machines modified with E3D hotends which are historically pretty reliable, but lately I have been having fits with filament stripping. Same file being printed on multiple printers, and lately they one will start stripping at approximately the same completion percentage through the bed of parts. Other printers will do fine.

After a printer strips filament once, I can retract and put in filament again, and maybe it will work, maybe not...but the issue gets worse and worse. Right now out of 6 printers I have one that is printing day in and day out, with literally all the others down for one reason or another, and I'm about to pull my hair out. One has a short in the wiring harness, another has a fried board (had this happen on every printer sooner or later), and three others are having the stripping issue.

Printing from TECHG, 1mm retraction, 4000mm/m retraction speed. Bumped speed down to 2500mm/m with no change. I don't think that is the issue, because our Fusion retracts at 14000+mm/m and no stripping.

What should I try? All our printers have started acting up within the past few months and it is crushing my productivity.

Thanks for any help,
Tyler