crackes

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
sonra

crackes

Post by sonra » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi guys,
I use M2 v4 printer and HatchBox PLA only
I have a problem in printing mostly seen in middle and big prints that has cracks so the item easily can be broken
My extruder temp is 210 cel. degrees and the heated bed is 6o degrees . I use MIC6 aluminum plate and PEI over it as bed surface Primary Layer Height 0.15 mm .
Any advice ??
should I try to raise temp to 220?
Regards Doron

willnewton

Re: crackes

Post by willnewton » Tue May 01, 2018 1:08 am

You might want to put up a picture. That would help.

Slow down your speed and give the nozzle temp. a bump up.

If the item is large then you may want to try thicker layers and more perimeters.

Hard to know without seeing it.
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

sonra

Post by sonra » Tue May 01, 2018 11:11 am

Hi
Thanks for help I attach a pic
Doron
Attachments
Cracks_in_print.jpg

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 pm

It looks like you are having a problem jumping over a space in the printed item.

It is possible that an area of your print has a corner that is lifting up and it is bumping your print head.

Is the trouble spot a thin wall or have sharp edges? This can cause bumping.

If you are using Simplify3D, then you may want to enable a small amount of Z-lift to prevent the head from bumping the print.

You may need to modify the CAD model to have a thicker area or round over the sharp edges with fillets.

If it is happening in the same area over and over, you may want to use the print preview to check and make sure the g-code is not doing something unusual and causing printing trouble.

If there is an error in the model, such as not being manifold or watertight, this can also cause print errors.
I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Sun May 06, 2018 1:50 pm

If you are using S3D please post the factory file so we can take a look at everything.
Do other items print nicely? with smooth walls or do all of your prints have crack between the layers?

sonra

Post by sonra » Sun May 06, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi guys
the print that i sent the pic is a straight surface
I tried to raising the extruder to 220 degrees cel. and use a 0.1 Primary Layer Height ( it was 0.15) . the prints look now much better
Yes I use S3d ver 4
I attach the FFF file may be you can see some thing more i can change to make prints be nicer
Regards ahead Doron
Attachments
MakerGear M2 (24V V4 hotend).fff
(11.6 KiB) Downloaded 323 times

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Sun May 06, 2018 11:02 pm

sonra wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi guys
the print that i sent the pic is a straight surface
I tried to raising the extruder to 220 degrees cel. and use a 0.1 Primary Layer Height ( it was 0.15) . the prints look now much better
Yes I use S3d ver 4
I attach the FFF file may be you can see some thing more i can change to make prints be nicer
Regards ahead Doron
That looks like a profile not the .factory file.
Go to File > Save factory Files as and give it a name.. it will have the extension of .factory and include your model as it is on the platform and all the seeing so we can actually print the file and see all the setting.

sonra

Post by sonra » Mon May 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi guys
I add the factory fie .Thanks for help .
Regards Doron
Attachments
Rail_Bed_Section.zip
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

sonra

Post by sonra » Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi
Sorry this is not the file I want to sent will sent the right one tomorrow
Doron

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Mon May 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Does the rail bed have issues when it is printed?
It would have been better to get a factory file of the part you posted the image of.

Since you posted the rail bed I will comment on what I see but I have only been at this game for a few months so not an expert yet.
One thing I do know nothing is plug and play and there is much test and adjust for every model and every roll of plastic.

If you have not gone through the process of setting your extrusion multiplier with a single walled square and a digital caliper for an extrusion width of .42, then I would suggest you change the extrusion width to manual and set it to .4 which is the default for the M2 profile if I recall correctly
For something this large and void of detail I would set the layer height to .2
Your first layer is set at 50% of height.. now sure why you would need to alter the defaults, so if you are not sure why you did, maybe set them back to default of 90% 100% and 50% Not going to change much on the rest of the print.. but seems
I would also have the fan start with layer 2 not 5
Speed for something this size should be able to go faster the 30mms I would probably try 55 or 60
If the areas where the supports are is not looking too good, reduce your horizontal offset. I use .1 for miniatures and 0 for curved as it will be too far away on the curves

Other thing that I assume are correct are the starting height and bed level.