Flexible Magnetic Print System for Maker Gear

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
psd

Flexible Magnetic Print System for Maker Gear

Post by psd » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:32 am

Hello all,
i have developed a flexible magnetic print bed system that is superior to all the others and at a better price than the name brands.
I opened a company to fulfill them. We have been through beta testing with incredible results and response.
you can check it out at www.whambamsystems.com
I used to have an M2 and participated in this community.

I would like to know how many of you would like to have a Wham Bam system for your machines?
If I get enough interest I will open up the new format.

The whole kit would probably be around $68.

we use a high chromium content spring steel to prevent rust, a custom formulated magnet to resist 130°C continuous temp, and our own custom build surface we call PEX which surpasses PEI for heat resistance.

thanks, and I hope this doesn't seem like an add, would just like to give it to the community as I have had a handful of requests for the M2 and M3
Peter
- peter,

innovative product designer and tinkerer

www.petersolomondesign.com

airscapes

Re: Flexible Magnetic Print System for Maker Gear

Post by airscapes » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 pm

But is it as flat or flatter than glass?? What is the life expectancy of the surface? Tape works great but is a pain to keep replacing. If the surface thickness is as consistent as the stock plate I would be interested in trying it. I have very little issue with bed adhesion with the Polymide tape but would like to do less maintenance with the same results.

psd

Post by psd » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Our kits are very flat, but flexible so they conform to the surface you put them on, you can laminate it to the aluminum heater plate, or on top of your glass, the build surface is .4 thick and should last about a lifetime if you’re careful not to scrape or gouge . The best part is you can remove the whole spring plate and build surface and model to allow to cool and then flex to pop off,
- peter,

makeal

Post by makeal » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:10 pm

psd wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:25 pm
Our kits are very flat, but flexible so they conform to the surface you put them on, you can laminate it to the aluminum heater plate, or on top of your glass, the build surface is .4 thick and should last about a lifetime if you’re careful not to scrape or gouge . The best part is you can remove the whole spring plate and build surface and model to allow to cool and then flex to pop off,
Hey Peter. are you making M2 sized kit? I tried to order one when it went live on kickstarter but size for M2 wasn't an option and I missed out on early backer discount

psd

Post by psd » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi, I am taking a poll to see if there’s enough interest for us to open the tooling to make a specific size kit for maker gear. If you can try to get any of your other community members to chime in of their interest, I will definitely developed for make your gear if we get at least 20 people interested. Thank you
- peter,

makeal

Post by makeal » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 am

psd wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:22 pm
Hi, I am taking a poll to see if there’s enough interest for us to open the tooling to make a specific size kit for maker gear. If you can try to get any of your other community members to chime in of their interest, I will definitely developed for make your gear if we get at least 20 people interested. Thank you
How did the polling go?

psd

Post by psd » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:00 pm

not enough response yet, I will try again in a few weeks, if you know others who want one, let me know, if I can get at least 20 we could start the format
thanks!
- peter,

psd

Post by psd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:08 pm

can anyone please verify if a 250 x 210 build system will fit on the MakerGear printer?
We are going to develop this size for Prusa and would be great if it fit, but it seems that the MakerGear is slightly smaller.
Can someone please try to measure between the corner clamps and verify maximum size?
thanks!
- peter,

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:49 pm

The M2 Glass plate is exactly 8x10

CCRN

Post by CCRN » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:55 pm

+1 for my M2 if you move forward.