Extruder Starting off Bed

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Atticus_6147

Extruder Starting off Bed

Post by Atticus_6147 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Hey all,

First post on the forum and I need some help.

I've been using the makergear M2 for a while and just moved it to my home office. Now when I try to start a print, the exturder goes all the way into the corner and after pausing for a second, will run into the structure of the printer.

I'm sure it setting I have messed up in slic3r but I have no clue as to what it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Atticus_6147

Re: Extruder Starting off Bed

Post by Atticus_6147 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Any thoughts on this? I've gone through and updated all the specs within slic3r but I am still having the same issue when I try to start a print.

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:09 am

Atticus_6147 wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:18 pm
just moved it to my home office
Perhaps a switch got whacked out of alignment.

Verify the home switches by manually homing each axis using whatever printer control program you're using. I use Pronterface, but assume S3D lets you do the same thing.

If an axis don't move in the way it should, verify the moving parts hit & trip the switches. The switch levers can get bent, in which case the switch won't activate properly. You can manually trip the switches with a finger after starting the home, just to make sure something happens.

If the switch lever trips properly, but the axis still doesn't home properly, make sure the cables are still plugged into the RAMBo board. They must have the proper orientation, so pay attention to the setup instructions: they don't have mechanical keys, so you can easily plug 'em in wrong.

Might be as simple as that …

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:27 am

Never used that slicer but the slicer has to know where you xzy home is and the volume of the printer.. Sounds like it doesn't know where home is anymore.. In S3D to reinstall the default profile, go to tools, configuration assistant and reinstall the default profile and see if that fixes things..
Good luck!