M2 - REV G Leveling issues

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
KrangAZoid

M2 - REV G Leveling issues

Post by KrangAZoid » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:21 pm

OK,

so, in order to trouble shoot the last problem, I have a new problem now that that one is solved.

The heater wouldn't heat, so I got a new rambo, upgraded firmware to REV G. and eventually found out it was my harness that needed replacing after troubleshooting on my own.

So, we replaced the harness, and everything works perfectly EXCEPT the levelling.

now it starts a print with the bed all the way down at the bottom of the machine instead of the top like it used too...I know it has the proper firmware, as it says REV G on the download link. not sure what else to do :/..

KrangAZoid

Re: M2 - REV G Leveling issues

Post by KrangAZoid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:26 pm

I have since switched back to the old board to see if that would work, and so far, no such luck.

It does the exact same thing. It starts off by going DOWN super super slow, and then the bed goes 'forward' and KEEPS going forward until it hits the edge, making a grinding noise. even with the old board. where i know the firmware worked before the heater issue happened...

any ideas?

does makergear do house calls?

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:54 pm

So, what are you printing? Where are you printing from? What was it sliced on? Was you machine a new RevG machine before you replaced the board?.. sorry did not go back to the beginning of the thread

Was you machine sold to you as a RevG or is the an older machine as he z stop was at the top on old machines and is now a the bottom on the current machines.. I assume new firware on an old machine would do weird things.
If not that;
It sounds like your controlling software does not know where home is.
So from the terminal of whatever software you are using, send a G28 and the machine should home with the bed down, and back with the extuder over to the left (same side as the Z screw)

KrangAZoid

Post by KrangAZoid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Same item I printed last time succesfully before the heating issue happened :). A figure I designed in softimage.

Printing from a Windows 10 machine, using Simplify 3D.
All setup on Simplify 3D.

Brand new REV G Machine bought from Amazon in February. working perfectly for months until the heating issue hit.
we fixed the heating issue with a brand new harness. went to print something, and found out that this new issue presented itself and i havn't printed anything since the first issue happened.

I tried G28.

IT did go all the way down. super super slow. the extruder went to the left, just fine. and then the bed went all the way back, and KEPT trying to go back, even though it hit the end and I had to stop it so it wouldn't wreck it :(...

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Well, what all does the harness control.. if you are back to the original board that was not reflashed by you and worked correctly other than no heat (due to wire broken) when it was removed, then the harness or install would seem to be the next most likely issue. Not having been in the control box other than to unwind filament from the fan I have no idea if the connectors are all unique or color coded to prevent mixup.

Have you called support on the phone for help?

KrangAZoid

Post by KrangAZoid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Last time I emailed them, they mostly refereed me to theforums for help. but they did diagnose the harness issue right :)

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 pm

I would engage them again, you paid for a good machine with good customer support.