rev e dual z axis inverted

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
Katwitch

rev e dual z axis inverted

Post by Katwitch » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:53 am

Guys,
I just upgraded my M2 dual to the 4 screw spider bed. I followed all the instructions I could find. Upgraded the firmware to rev e (M2E-Production-SnNRd-V101 - Dual) and ran the calibration tool. The first thing I noticed was that the Z travel in the calibration tool is reversed, meaning when I click the down arrow, the bed travels up. This is happening in Simplify 3d as well. The bed never travels up, but I can hear it bottoming out while trying to go down at the beginning of the print.

Also - I have the Geetech LCD.

What did I miss?

Gwhite

Re: rev e dual z axis inverted

Post by Gwhite » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:52 pm

You say you have an M2, but not what rev. Somewhere (possibly just the E version), they moved the limit switch to the bottom, and reversed where "zero" is for Z. It sounds like you have an older machine with the limit switch at the top.

I'm not sure where or how to modify this, but if you can compare the machine profiles for the two versions, I think you will find what needs un-doing.

Katwitch

Re: rev e dual z axis inverted

Post by Katwitch » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 pm

I have so many upgrades on my machine (dual extruder, lcd, v4 metal kit) that a "rev" isn't really accurate. The firmware "rev" for this is E and I have that loaded. FYI - the spider bed upgrade comes with a new bottom Z stop max, so yes and no on "comparing and un-doing."

Makergear support sent me a new firmware file this morning because apparently my silver z motor needed that. It fixed the inverted issue.