Dual Extruder Firmware with VIKI LCD Panel

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
Q*bert

Dual Extruder Firmware with VIKI LCD Panel

Post by Q*bert » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:00 pm

I have a VIKI LCD panel (same as was sold by MakerGear at one time) and I love having it mostly for monitoring temps while printing from the SD card.

I enabled the VIKI support in the current dual firmware and I updated pins.h to be the same as the working single extruder VIKI firmware. The display works fine, but the buttons aren't being properly read.

I'll play around with it more this weekend, but before possibly reinventing the wheel, has anyone else modified the dual extruder firmware to enable the VIKI/MakerGear LCD?

fmeroney

Re: Dual Extruder Firmware with VIKI LCD Panel

Post by fmeroney » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Any Luck, I will be having the same issue.

insta

Post by insta » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 pm

fmeroney wrote:Any Luck, I will be having the same issue.
I have a hacked-up version of the MG firmware with Viki support and dual-extrusion attached. It does NOT have the skipping problems I talked about earlier. It's been reliable for me but it should be noted this is an experimental version, not supported by MG, etc etc.

If you get errors about missing LiquidTWI2, move the two files from the root folder into the Marlin folder and relaunch the Arduino IDE before building.
Attachments
M2_LCD_Firmware_24Vw24Vheater_-_Dual-2015-04-06.zip
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 498 times
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

fmeroney

Post by fmeroney » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:02 am

Fantastic, i will be purchasing the dual extruders... In gerneral are they worth it? Do you have any pictures?

Thank for the quick reply!

insta wrote:
I have a hacked-up version of the MG firmware with Viki support and dual-extrusion attached. It does NOT have the skipping problems I talked about earlier. It's been reliable for me but it should be noted this is an experimental version, not supported by MG, etc etc.

If you get errors about missing LiquidTWI2, move the two files from the root folder into the Marlin folder and relaunch the Arduino IDE before building.

insta

Post by insta » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:59 am

[quote="fmeroney"]Fantastic, i will be purchasing the dual extruders... In gerneral are they worth it? Do you have any pictures?

Thank for the quick reply!

Check the other threads in the Dual Extruder forum. Both questions answered and more ;)

dsmith

Post by dsmith » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:13 pm

insta wrote:

Have you made any changes to the experimental version of the firmware or will MG send the firmware updates with the dual upgrade?
-Don
MAJ (Ret.) Don Smith
Owner and CEO
3D Simulations, Inc.
http://www.3DSimulationsInc.com

insta

Post by insta » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:39 pm

dsmith wrote:
insta wrote:

Have you made any changes to the experimental version of the firmware or will MG send the firmware updates with the dual upgrade?
-Don
Eh, just "comfort" changes. The homing speeds are a bit higher, the accel and jerk are a bit lower. MG does not send firmware with the dual-extruder update, at least they didn't when I ordered mine.

jsc

Post by jsc » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:50 pm

insta

Post by insta » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:18 pm

jsc wrote:What's this, then: http://makergear.wikidot.com/dual#toc1
Firmware without viki :roll:

dsmith

Post by dsmith » Wed May 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Screenshot.jpg
(206.2 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
Insta,
I installed the firmware and my screen looks like this picture in simplify3D... Any ideas?
-Don
MAJ (Ret.) Don Smith
Owner and CEO
3D Simulations, Inc.
http://www.3DSimulationsInc.com