esun petg

The place to discuss filament...
jimc

esun petg

Post by jimc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 pm

at maker faire i was talking to these guys about pet and they had a petg filament in the r&d process. they gave me 2 samples of the stuff. the stuff is really awesome. its extremely strong like polycarbonate is, as warp free as pla and the layer bond is so strong that your part basically has no layers when its done. if you tried to take a thin part and break it, it doesnt break along the layer lines. the break will shoot off in another direction. this stuff is basically like the colorfabb xt. so far this stuff has not been available but i have been on a notification list with a supplier to let me know any news. i just got a notice that ordering can start on nov 20'th and get this.....pricing should be anywhere from $30-35 per kg spool. thats about 1/2 the price of the colorfabb stuff, way cheaper than pet+ and in line with most abs. this and colorfabb xt is very different than pet+ though. anyway im throwing this out there because to be able to order, this supplier needs 10kg min to get that pricing. this is not alot but its also more than i need in one shot so if anyone else here is interested in a spool or two, let me know. just post here or send a pm. my sample was the yellow. its not crystal clear yellow but it was translucent. only 4 colors for now but those are listed near the bottom. here is some info:

http://www.intservo.com/blogs/news/1793 ... t-strength

jsc

Re: esun petg

Post by jsc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:50 pm

I'll sign up for 2kg.

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Sure, I can do 2kg too. Sounds like good stuff---all the benefits of PET+, but even better!

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:18 pm

the parts i have printed with it and the xt came out more like injection molded parts. i guess thats due to the layer bonding. the whole print is just melted together into one. the only downfall th that is the support is a little harder to remove. im not entirely sure what the shipping is going to cost on this stuff. the guy william from intservo said he is selling us this initial group order basically at cost. shipping he said will be the actual freight charges as well. i think he is trying to get the product out there for people to start using it. i did confirm from him that they were 1kg rolls and not some tiny 1/2 filled thing like the pet+ spools.

what i will do is give a couple more days for members here to reply so we can have a basic idea of interest. once we have a group of people he said we can all just send an email to sales@intservo.com as being part of the petg group. i will probably have him post here to with any important info.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:40 am

Two here.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Looks like great material. I'll do two.

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:19 pm

jimc,

You KNOW I'm going to join in on this! ;-) I'd like two kg as well, and if you can specify color, I'd like the natural. But I take whatever's shipping.

Thanks!
Dale

p.s.: I hope you still have my e-mail -- let me know arrangements there. If you don't have it, NP -- just PM me here.

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 pm

oh yes we can all get whatever color we want. just keep an eye on this thread here for any info. this whole thing is basically so we can get in on the preorder status and have it delivered to us early in the first batch shipping over here. that is supposed to be nov 20 but will said it could be earlier.
Last edited by jimc on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ednisley

Post by ednisley » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Deal me in for kilo! [grin]

Thanks...

Capt. John

Post by Capt. John » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:09 am

If there a chance left for a clear spool, I'm in.
Capt. John
Manistee, Michigan
Reel Amateur at 3D printing
Fishing Tackle Manufacturer & Webmaster for:
http://www.michiganangler.com
http://www.michigansportsman.com