Flowers!

Show off your prints!!!
Tim

Flowers!

Post by Tim » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:40 pm

I got some UV-sensitive color-changing filament from Intservo along with some filament I ordered (prior to the shipment of petg). So I decided to put it to use today, and drew up a quick printable flower that can be put in the window to catch the sun. It's on Thingiverse now as thing number 564039.

Quick notes: This stuff is basically PLA, and seems to have all the best properties of natural PLA. I did one version of the flower with the dual extruder; the color-changing filament worked perfectly but the green PLA I had dripped all over the place. Overall, the result wasn't too bad, but I decided to go with the two-part version as a cleaner solution, in the end. Printed with all normal PLA settings.
Attachments
flowers1a.jpg
Flowers in the e-sun!
flowers1a.jpg (132.24 KiB) Viewed 4454 times

jimc

Re: Flowers!

Post by jimc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 am

haha cool! i like it. i was looking at that stuff and thought to myself what the hell would someone use that for. well there you go!

Tim

Re: Flowers!

Post by Tim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:17 am

I guess that's the point of giving out free samples. Somebody's going to look at it and think, I have this stuff lying around, what can I do with it? And pretty soon something's up on Thingiverse.