Materials printed on M2

General discussion topics
sthone

Re: Materials printed on M2

Post by sthone » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Does anyone make a PETG in black? I've had little luck printing in ABS and I'm thinking maybe I should try something new. I have a sample of yellow PETG but I haven't tried it yet as I really need something in black.

-Steve

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 am

yes! if you need it right now, reprapper has it as well as colorfabb xt. printed solid should have black xt in stock. esun will have black and white avail for preorder, supposedly mar 17th. will at intservo is supposed to be getting the preorder batch like last time. i have the reprapper stuff here. its fairly good. not bad, not great. its not as strong as colorfabb or esun. it also requires real fine tuned settings. once you get it tuned though your good. i have printed 4 spools of the black so far. it works and gets the job done BUT when esun releases theirs i will be going that route .

sthone

Post by sthone » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Cool thanks for the heads up, I'll wait for Will to get some and throw him my business he's been good to me in the past.

-Steve

jeffpowell101

Post by jeffpowell101 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:17 am

I had mentioned in here earlier that a glue stick wasn't helping nylon nor PLA stick. I got a new glue stick (elmers brand), and it works.

So don't skimp and get generic! The first glue stick was purple and this new one is white, maybe they are different materials. Neither stick says what it actually is though.