M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

The place to discuss the M3-ID
makeal
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by makeal » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am

wbp wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 am
makeal wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 pm
G28 actually does home. G29 is what does auto leveling.
Nope. Not on my printer. "G28 Z" will "home" the bed by probing the center position only. "G28" with no arguments homes X & Y, then probes at least 6 points. I've done this several times. Perhaps it's a bug but that's what it does right now.

Will
Weird. Bltouch documentation lists that. Check with makergear support, maybe it’s something custom

Melfast1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by Melfast1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 am

Hi all. after saving new start offset on T0 I get this error message - The printer firmware has reported a Warning.
The reported message is:
Warning: [003]-[11] Probe Offset(M851) out of range .
This leaves my nozzle 3-4mm off the bed. Any ideas

wbp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by wbp » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Can you run an M503 command and report what the current value is for M206 and M851?

wbp
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by wbp » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:11 pm

makeal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am
Weird. Bltouch documentation lists that. Check with makergear support, maybe it’s something custom
It's working as intended. Makergear support says they decided to change G28 so it does an auto-level each time. I wish they hadn't, seems like it should be an option, or that people could just update the Starting Script to use G29 instead. But for now, that is the way it works.

I'm debating if it's worth hacking it to change it or not...

makeal
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by makeal » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:26 pm

wbp wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:11 pm
makeal wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:04 am
Weird. Bltouch documentation lists that. Check with makergear support, maybe it’s something custom
It's working as intended. Makergear support says they decided to change G28 so it does an auto-level each time. I wish they hadn't, seems like it should be an option, or that people could just update the Starting Script to use G29 instead. But for now, that is the way it works.

I'm debating if it's worth hacking it to change it or not...
Ah so they did modify it. Its kind of not necessary with M3 rigidity. I mean once you set the leveling it holds pretty well. So making it optional would have been better or at least controllable. How many points does it do? 9?

Melfast1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by Melfast1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 pm

Recv: echo: M204 P1000.00 R2000.00 T1000.00Recv: echo:Advanced: S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> B<min_segment_time_ms> X<max_xy_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>Recv: echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X5.00 Y5.00 Z1.00 E10.00Recv: echo:Home offset:Recv: echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z-2.08Recv: echo:Hotend offsets:Recv: echo: M218 T1 X252.00 Y0.00 Z0.00Recv: echo:Auto Bed Leveling:Recv: echo: M420 S0 Z0.00Recv: echo:PID settings:Recv: echo: M301 P16.83 I1.10 D64.51 C120.00 L20Recv: echo: M304 P159.70 I5.59 D1141.48Recv: echo:Z-Probe Offset (mm):Recv: echo: M851 Z-1.00
Melfast1 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 am
Hi all. after saving new start offset on T0 I get this error message - The printer firmware has reported a Warning.
The reported message is:
Warning: [003]-[11] Probe Offset(M851) out of range .
This leaves my nozzle 3-4mm off the bed. Any ideas

Melfast1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by Melfast1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:10 am

Melfast1 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Recv: echo: M204 P1000.00 R2000.00 T1000.00Recv: echo:Advanced: S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> B<min_segment_time_ms> X<max_xy_jerk> Z<max_z_jerk> E<max_e_jerk>Recv: echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X5.00 Y5.00 Z1.00 E10.00Recv: echo:Home offset:Recv: echo: M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z-2.08Recv: echo:Hotend offsets:Recv: echo: M218 T1 X252.00 Y0.00 Z0.00Recv: echo:Auto Bed Leveling:Recv: echo: M420 S0 Z0.00Recv: echo:PID settings:Recv: echo: M301 P16.83 I1.10 D64.51 C120.00 L20Recv: echo: M304 P159.70 I5.59 D1141.48Recv: echo:Z-Probe Offset (mm):Recv: echo: M851 Z-1.00
Melfast1 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 am
Hi all. after saving new start offset on T0 I get this error message - The printer firmware has reported a Warning.
The reported message is:
Warning: [003]-[11] Probe Offset(M851) out of range .
This leaves my nozzle 3-4mm off the bed. Any ideas
Looks like start offset is limited in firmware to Z-3 max, but I need more. Using 6mm glass bed.
Is the Rev1 firmware available online somewhere.

tslove28
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by tslove28 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:55 pm

I have the same issue with the probe offset out of range. After the initial setup, it did the height check, then rammed the nozzle into the bed. I then tried to set the nozzle height, got the probe offset out of range, and it again hit the bed when trying to print the ZigZag pattern. I've contacted Makergear support to see if they can help sort out what the issue is.

Roland
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 am

Re: M3 ID V0 Probe upgrade install

Post by Roland » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:02 pm

I got the probe offset error at the end of a tall print (nearly to the top of the printer's range) but it didn't seem to impact the print at all.

Post Reply