Octoprint module SD card access?

The place to discuss the M3-ID
paynterf

Octoprint module SD card access?

Post by paynterf » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:20 am

I'm a new M3-ID user, and new to the Octoprint world too. There was a mention in this forum about the advisability of having a backup copy of the Octoprint SD card in case the original gets scrambled with too many power cycles without properly shutting down the Octoprint.

So, I want to do that, but don't have any idea where the SD card is or how to access it. Any YT videos or how-to's on this?

TIA,

Frank

sthone

Re: Octoprint module SD card access?

Post by sthone » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm

The SD card is in the Raspberry Pi. (I assume they are using Pi's) The Pi is housed in the smaller box on the base of the printer. (the one on the left) You would need to remove the SD card from the PI and then follow this tutorial to copy it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/341944/how-to ... of-backup/

paynterf

Post by paynterf » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Sounds like a typical auto repair manual entry from the 60's for how to replace the oil filter: "Step 1: Remove Engine" ;-).

gbroters

Post by gbroters » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:15 pm

You could also backup the current state of OctoPrint from within the OctoPrint Settings.
While this may not be as full-proof as copying the entire image file, it's a great option if you'd like to easily revert back to a known state after making changes to the OctoPrint server.

It can be found by navigating to the OctoPrint settings menu >> Backup & Restore >> "Create backup now".