Just purchased my kit

Ask your kit assembly questions here...
vesteroid

Just purchased my kit

Post by vesteroid » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 am

I spent most of last week reading about 3 d printers on forum after forum, and watched more yourtube in a week than I had in a year. I finally ended up here yesterday and decided this is the printer I want.

I ordered the kit today.

I have a decent sketchup background, and a long mechanical fabrication background and really just want to teach myself a new package (either fusion or on cad, not sure which) and have a toy to learn the hobby for possible other uses in the future.

I read a great deal of this forum and this seems to be one of the best communities for printers I have found.

I was in between a zulzbot taz 6 and a Ultimaker3 when I found this place and completely changed course.

I found a post about one of you making build plates (at least I thought I found it) but now cant find it again. I was someone doing a plate something like comes on the taz 6. If anyone can point me to that, i would like to get that upgrade.

Anyway, I will post up about the kit when it gets in, but from Ohio to Reno, i suspect its going to be weekend after next before I build it.

Jules

Re: Just purchased my kit

Post by Jules » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 pm

That would be insta's post here....he's just about to finish up another order I think....if you want one, be sure to sign up. He only manufactures them a couple times a year when he gets enough orders.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4725

Congrats on your purchase! You're gonna love it! :D

vesteroid

Post by vesteroid » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Wow, my kit finally just arrived. The first shipment was lost and the second one weather delayed, so its been forever.

Looking forward to building it this weekend.

Bought the dual extruder kit and thinking of going ahead and changing out the fans to the quiet ones.

Is there a specific place that carries both the 40 and 50 mm fans that sells ones and twos? ( I saw several post about a model that is much more quiet but cant find them again)

willnewton

Post by willnewton » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm finally back to where I started two days ago!

A thread with some stuff in it I update every once in a while. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9
See some of my stuff http://www.thingiverse.com/willnewton/favorites

vesteroid

Post by vesteroid » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:54 am

Just finished the kit. Was silly easy to put this together.

Printing the bracelet file now and it all seems fine.

I did not install the dual extruder, I decided to build it as it came first before I added that to assist in trouble shooting if required.

PS fan is by far the loudest thing, but I dont think the wife is going to make me take it to the garage.

Going to get the slicer software set up and try some new things.

Only comments I would make to improve the kit would be to send or make available on the web the instructions as the ones that come with it have small dark pictures. I asked them for a pdf and they emailed me one which helped. It still has very low res photos which if its on the web could be improved.

I was also missing a few parts such as tie wrap pads, (they only sent one) but I had some. I would also add a few more of the large tie wraps to help tie all the cables together at they enter the rambo, but other than those very small issues, it was a breeze.

Bed leveling took me two passes, but I suspect it was my fault it took two, i didnt read well when it said the highest corner and I adjusted with the screw instead of the software, so I think it make me do it twice.

Seriously, anyone who is worried about assembly, don't be