Octoprint module SD card access?

The place to discuss the M3-ID
paynterf

Re: Octoprint module SD card access?

Post by paynterf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:51 pm

I'
We here at MakerGear are actively working on updating the OctoPrint version for our M3 printers and we can't wait for you to try it out!
If the update is going to happen in some realistic time frame (not 'RSN'), I'll be happy to wait and try it out.

Frank

Deduin42

Post by Deduin42 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:53 pm

I've been waiting for a MakerGear forked Octoprint new release for over two years (see my thread in the software forum). 1.3.6 can't run several plugins that I want to install for improvements to our printing processes.

Deduin42

Post by Deduin42 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:54 pm

I've been waiting for a MakerGear forked Octoprint new release for over two years (see my thread in the software forum). 1.3.6 can't run several plugins that I want to install for improvements to our printing processes.

MaineSpring

Post by MaineSpring » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Deduin42 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:54 pm
Hmmm. That's not what I was hoping to hear. I arrived here on a quest to find a way to update MG Octoprint or at least be able to use my plugins. :(

aerodan

Post by aerodan » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:44 am

"We here at MakerGear are actively working on updating the OctoPrint version for our M3 printers and we can't wait for you to try it out!"

I'd like to create a new sd card for my M3 ID, and use the latest release of Octoprint. How can I do this? Thanks. Dan

gbroters wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 pm
paynterf wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Hmm, I can't find that option in my Octoprint settings menu. Can I buy another clue? ;-)
No need for any quid pro quo!
There are two ways you can safely do this:

The first method is much faster, but it requires you to backup the entire 16gb SD card. This can be done by using a program like or similar to "Win32DiskImager". Here is a great guide on how to backup your SD card.
Foosel (The creator of OctoPrint), has written up an excellent guide on how to manually backup your OctoPrint settings: Unfortunately, I had mistakenly logged into an Ultra One printer that was running a later version of OctoPrint (Which has the Backup & Restore plugin built into it...). We here at MakerGear are actively working on updating the OctoPrint version for our M3 printers and we can't wait for you to try it out!