Change Startup Order of Probe

The place to discuss the M3-ID
Sensei

Change Startup Order of Probe

Post by Sensei » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi. I just upgraded from an M2 Rev.E to the M3 ID. One of the benefits to the M3 ID over the M2 is the auto leveling. This has also created an annoyance.

Since the startup procedure is
  • Warm Bed
    Warm Nozzles
    Level Bed
    Print
This creates a startup oozing problem since it takes 1-2 minutes for the bed to level, the hot ends start oozing and depositing material as the bed is moving around. I have to constantly clean up after this with tweezers before the print starts. Not a great process.

Is there a way to change this startup sequence so that the bed leveling takes place BEFORE the nozzles warm up? I looked at the startup script, and while I don't completely understand every line, I didn't see one that looked like a bed leveling command.

I am using Simplify 3D

Help?

Sensei

Re: Change Startup Order of Probe

Post by Sensei » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:47 pm

Push. How is this not an issue for anyone else?

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:46 pm

I have seen other posts complaining about the need to level the bed every time you print.. I mean with my M2 I level it once year.. You would think they would create the bed matrix and save it to be reused until the user choose to make a new one.. but I guess in the interest of stupid proofing, it is done with every pint. And yes I would expect they should heat the bed, run the matrix, then heat the nozzle. Bed does change shape has it is heated.

Bioluminous

Post by Bioluminous » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:08 am

I don’t have the oozing issue you have on my m3-id. The mesh leveling never deposits anything. However, I have been using PrusaSlicer instead of Simplify3D and I think there is a retraction in the end gcode script that helps with this. Can you add that to S3D ending script? I seems to retract about 10mm or so after printing so there’s nothing in the hot end to ooze.