RasPi camera for M3-ID

The place to discuss the M3-ID
rhocutt

RasPi camera for M3-ID

Post by rhocutt » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:23 am

hello,
has anybody mounted a RasPi camera on their M3-ID as of yet?
i am curious if the camera mount for an M2 will work, or if there
is an existing M3-ID camera mount out there i can leverage.

thanks

rs50pilot

Re: RasPi camera for M3-ID

Post by rs50pilot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:54 am

I do not think that is going to work. My ID is running right now, but it looks like there is a endstop block and the filament feeder bracket will be in the way. So I would say as this bracket is, it will not work. I will check it out in 21 hours when my print is supposed to be done. According to octoprint.... so who really knows when that will be:}

arthropod

Post by arthropod » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Has anyone designed a camera mount for the M3-ID? If not, any suggestions as to where on the printer would be a good spot?

mrgcnc3d

Post by mrgcnc3d » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:25 pm

I am new to this but can I just plug in a raspi camera to the octoprint on the M3 and have remote viewing?

jferguson

Post by jferguson » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:14 pm

This is what I did on my M2. It has the advantage of being very simple and quickly revealing if there is a problem in the printing. The case is mine too. it was designed before I got the M2 and had to be broken down into parts which could be printed on my TinyBoy Fabrikator. I have a half dozen Raspberry Pi's around doing various things so I'd designed and made a bunch of these cases for other projects. This one is stuck to the upright on my M2 with Scotch heavy duty double side tape.

octopi-cam-brack.jpg
octopi-camera1.jpg
octopi-camaera2.jpg
octopi-cam-screenshot.jpg

I should add that I used the dimensions in the Pi-Camera tech data sheet. They were not right so I had to measure it and do it again.