Newbie, "hi," etc.

The place to discuss the M3-ID
asc

Newbie, "hi," etc.

Post by asc » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi all,

I'm about to order an ID and wanted to say "hi" and that I can't wait to start using this thing. I also noticed that this particular forum seemed somewhat slow, but I'm hoping that's because no one has major issues with their printers and so there's not much to talk about! Anyway, "hi," and look forward to conversing with you all.

-asc

Justinbxr

Re: Newbie, "hi," etc.

Post by Justinbxr » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi Welcome

asc

Post by asc » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Unboxed last night, setup was a breeze (the film on the build plate was scratched, but I don't know if that will be an issue?), printed the dual keychain, came out about as nice as can be expected with zero dialing in. Starting on bigger stuff tonight. Happy so far!

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm

If the build surface is deep I would call support but it will get scratched and scraped and eventually rip and lift. You will get good at water sliding the tape on the bed.. :-) There is a thread in the forum someplace that shows how to make a jig to assist with applying the tape to the bed, works good for me! Good luck with your new obsession!

asc

Post by asc » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:33 pm

airscapes wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:05 pm
If the build surface is deep I would call support but it will get scratched and scraped and eventually rip and lift. You will get good at water sliding the tape on the bed.. :-) There is a thread in the forum someplace that shows how to make a jig to assist with applying the tape to the bed, works good for me! Good luck with your new obsession!
Thanks, I sent an email and they sent me new film, so we're all set.

Unrelated question -- can I just plug a USB webcam into the RasPi and get timelapse, or must I install a plugin first to get it to work? Thanks!