LCD enclosure files anywhere?

The place to discuss the M3-ID
Bioluminous

LCD enclosure files anywhere?

Post by Bioluminous » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:58 am

I just purchased an M3-ID Rev 1 with the LCD. The LCD plugs into the Raspberry Pi and just sort of sits on the surface. I want to mount it somewhere, possibly on the printer itself. So I was wondering if the 3D-printed enclosure it comes with has any associated files somewhere I can download and alter. I thoroughly searched MakerGear's Github repositories and did not find any for this particular LCD. Is the LCD a standard Raspberry Pi model, not specific to MakerGear?

jk42

Re: LCD enclosure files anywhere?

Post by jk42 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:37 pm

The LCD enclosure files that we have are for stand alone only. We have no designs for mounting it to the printer.
~Jason from MakerGear

Bioluminous

Post by Bioluminous » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Is the display a Nextion 3.5-inch? I understand you don't have files for a mount that attaches to the printer. I was hoping for the files you do have so that I can work with them to make something that works better for me. If not, no big deal, I'll get them from Nextion or just design one myself.

Bioluminous

Post by Bioluminous » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Are the M3 LCD enclosure files you use available on your GitHub? I can't find them. I did find out this is a standard Nextion display but if you had files already, that would save me some time with redesigning it so it can be mounted to the printer or enclosure.