Where is the Makergear User Community?

General discussion topics
airscapes

Re: Where is the Makergear User Community?

Post by airscapes » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:53 am

WOOHOO! Glad you were able to hang on.. American Made!!!

Phil

Post by Phil » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:09 pm

Great to hear, Rick!
Will you be at RAPID this year?

msinger

Post by msinger » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:43 pm

rpollack wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:22 pm
We've been rebuilding our supply chain - high prices and long lead times forced us to find new suppliers. It took several months just to get spare parts in stock and in late December we were finally able to start building new machines. We did not auction anything off - we started to but cancelled it and just focused on rebuilding.
What are your key goals for 2023?

I'm low-key scared that I won't be able to find parts for my M3-ID printers or be able to buy additional printers as my workload expands. Also, it doesn't feel like anything is being done to improve the MakerGear technology.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:56 pm

msinger wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:43 pm
rpollack wrote:
We've been rebuilding our supply chain - high prices and long lead times forced us to find new suppliers. It took several months just to get spare parts in stock and in late December we were finally able to start building new machines. We did not auction anything off - we started to but cancelled it and just focused on rebuilding.

I'm low-key scared that I won't be able to find parts for my M3-ID printers or be able to buy additional printers as my workload expands. Also, it doesn't feel like anything is being done to improve the MakerGear technology.
I agree with you but keeping fingers crossed.
Parts are in good supply at this company. They reside in OH just a bit south of MG.. https://www.partsbuilt.com/

theboz1419

Post by theboz1419 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:05 am

This is great news. I have had my M2 for about 7 years, now and I just had my first major part failure. My idler on the X axis had a bearing failure. I didn't think, I would find the store open or Makergear.

Boy, was I relieved when I was able to pick up two of them. Hopefully, I can get them soon to complete a project before I go on a vacation.
airscapes wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:56 pm
msinger wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:43 pm
rpollack wrote:

I agree with you but keeping fingers crossed.
Parts are in good supply at this company. They reside in OH just a bit south of MG.. https://www.partsbuilt.com/
Builder of custom wifi BBQ temperature controllers

shinigami

Post by shinigami » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:04 pm

So, what happened in the last 11 months? Did you restart? I don't see any product for sale on the website anymore. Everything is listed a sold out. I looked because after several years I suspect one of my extruders on my M3 is starting to have problems with it slipping when pulling the filament.

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:38 am

If Makergear does not have what you need check out https://www.partsbuilt.com/

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:43 pm

shinigami wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:04 pm
So, what happened in the last 11 months? Did you restart? I don't see any product for sale on the website anymore. Everything is listed a sold out. I looked because after several years I suspect one of my extruders on my M3 is starting to have problems with it slipping when pulling the filament.
Where did you look? Click on "Shop" in the top menu of the home screen. They have lots of stuff for sale, including filament drives, motors, gears, etc.