MakerGear's Virtual Toy Drive!

General discussion topics
gbroters

MakerGear's Virtual Toy Drive!

Post by gbroters » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:57 pm

Hello Makers!
I really hope that everyone has been doing alright recently.

Last week, we announced that MakerGear is hosting a 21st-century Virtual Toy Drive (in collaboration with the Cleveland Clinic Art Therapy Department) and we've been thrilled with the response we've gotten so far! I've linked the blog post at the bottom of this paragraph if you haven't had the chance to read it yet. Here you'll be able to post your finished creations and talk to fellow participants about future ideas! Please remember that creating your own customized toy is not a requirement. So feel free to use any public models/.STL files to print something special. We just ask that you take durability into consideration when designing your toys as they will be handled by children.

Here are some ideas but just be creative and I’m sure whatever you create will be deeply appreciated: Minecraft or farm animals (e.g., sheep, cow, or goat), sun & moon, aliens, dinosaurs, a Yorkshire terrier, Animal Crossing characters, Ninjago, Elsa, or even a baby scorpion :D

Creations can be sent to:
MakerGear
Attn: Toy Drive
23632 Mercantile Rd., Unit G
Beachwood, OH 44122

Please include your contact information and send an email to "toydrive@makergear.com" if you're planning on sending a toy.

Thank you so much for your participation and we can't wait to see what you come up with!