Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Ask the MakerGear community for assistance...
KaiborgStudios

Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Post by KaiborgStudios » Sat May 15, 2021 2:20 am

I've had this reoccurring issue plaguing one of my M2 Rev. E. Here is my previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8154

The solution last time was repairing an partial break in the wiring harness causing the temp probe to mintemp. I repaired the area, and it continued to work for awhile.
Then it came back. I decided it wasn't worth another repair, and replaced the entire upper wire harness. This also fixed it for some time, but now it's back again. Could it be a break in the wiring harness again? Why would this printer be eating through the wiring harnesses like this? This is the newest of my 4 M2's, and has by far the least print hours on it.

Any ideas?
Cameron

ednisley

Re: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting

Post by ednisley » Sat May 15, 2021 1:56 pm

KaiborgStudios wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 2:20 am
Could it be a break in the wiring harness again?
A fundamental debugging rule: "Quit thinking and look."

Don't rule out any of the possibilities by thinking "It can't be that, because reasons."

The problem is (almost certainly) a failing wire or connection that could be anywhere from inside the thermistor to inside the RAMBo board.

You have spare parts, so put 'em to good use in a methodical sequence. If the symptoms change, then you've learned something valuable. If the symptoms don't change, then it wasn't that part and you've learned something equally valuable.

After you've isolated and corrected the problem, then you can figure out why it happened.

Not, of course, that I haven't jumped to the occasional conclusion myself, mind you … [grin]